Salt Lake City, UT- Two days after being swept by Oregon, the Utes rallied in a big way to defeat no. 35 Washington 4-2. With this win, the Utes move to 15-7 overall and 1-3 in PAC-12 play. The Utes will travel to LA this weekend to face USC, and UCLA.
In doubles action, Oregon earned the doubles point against the Utes. The team of Dan Little and Slava Shainyan was defeated by Thomas Laurent and Cormac Clissold at the No. 2 spot, with a score of 7-5. Then to card the doubles point for Oregon, Egbert Weverink and David Micevski were defeated with a final score of 7-5 at the No. 1 position, by Jayson Amos and Ty Gentry.
Then in singles, Dan Little fell to Simon Stevens 6-3, 6-4 at the No. 2 position, along with David Micevski carding a loss against Thomas Laurent at the No. 1 spot, with a final score of 6-2, 6-4. Santiago Sierra was then defeated by Akihiro Tanaka at the No. 3 position to give the Ducks the win, with a final score of 7-5, 6-4. With this win, Oregon has now moved to 1-2 in PAC-12 conference play.
1. Thomas Laurent (ORE) def. David Micevski (UTAH) 6-2, 6-4
2. Simon Stevens (ORE) def. Dan Little (UTAH) 6-3, 6-4
3. Akihiro Tanaka (ORE) def. Santiago Sierra (UTAH) 7-5, 6-4
4. Slava Shainyan (UTAH) vs. Jayson Amos (ORE) 3-6, 6-2, 4-1 Unfinished
5. Cormac Clissold (ORE) vs. Parker McGuiness (UTAH) 6-2, 3-6, 3-2 Unfinished
6. Ty Gentry (ORE) vs. Joe Woolley (UTAH) 5-7, 5-4 Unfinished
1. Jayson Amos/Ty Gentry (ORE) def. Egbert Weverink/David Micevski (UTAH) 7-5
2. Thomas Laurent/Cormac Clissold (ORE) def. Dan Little/Slava Shainyan (UTAH) 7-5
3. Santiago Sierra/Joe Woolley (UTAH) def. Simon Stevens/Akihiro Tanaka (ORE) 7-6
Order of finish: Doubles (2,3,1); Singles (2,1,3)
In doubles, the Huskies went up early, earning the doubles point to go up 1-0 on the Utes. David Micevski and Egbert Weverink were defeated quickly by Jake Douglas and Piers Foley at the No. 1 position, 6-2. Santiago Sierra and Joe Woolley then tied things up on court 3, by defeating Gal Hakak and Amit Batta with a final score of 6-3. Then in the point-deciding match, Dan Little and Slava Shainyan lost a very competitive match against Kawika Lam and Enzo Sommer 6-3, at the No. 2 spot.
David Micevski and Dan Little cruised to quick victories in singles play, with Micevski defeating Mitch Stewart at the No. 1 position 6-3, 6-1, and Little defeating Enzo Sommer 6-4, 6-2, on the No. 2 court. Parker McGuiness then gave the Utes a 3-1 lead by defeating Amit Batta at the No. 5 spot, with a final score of 7-5, 6-1. Then to finish things out for the Utes and give them their first conference win, Slava Shainyan battled for a victory at the No. 4 position against Gal Hakak with a final score of 6-3, 2-6, 6-1. With this loss, the Huskies move to 1-3 in conference play and 12-7 overall.
1. David Micevski (UTAH) def. Mitch Stewart (WASH) 6-3, 6-1
2. Dan Little (UTAH) def. Enzo Sommer (WASH) 6-4, 6-2
3. Santiago Sierra (UTAH) vs. Jake Douglas (WASH) 4-6, 6-1, 3-0
4. Slava Shainyan (UTAH) def. Gal Hakak (WASH) 6-3, 2-6, 6-1
5. Parker McGuiness (UTAH) def. Amit Batta (WASH) 7-5, 6-1
6. Piers Foley (WASH) def. Joe Woolley (UTAH) 6-3, 2-6, 6-3
1. Jake Douglas/Piers Foley (WASH) def. David Micevski/Egbert Weverink (UTAH) 6-2
2. Kawika Lam/Enzo Sommer (WASH) def. Dan Little/Slava Shainyan (UTAH) 6-4
3. Santiago Sierra/Joe Woolley (UTAH) def. Gal Hakak/Amit Batta (WASH) 6-3
Order of finish: Doubles (1,3,2); Singles (2,1,5,6,4)