SALT LAKE CITY, UT – Utah Men’s Tennis swept the Nebraska Cornhuskers to open up their third weekend of home matches 7-0.
The Utes earned the early edge by taking the doubles point. Slava Shainyan and Santiago Sierra defeated Rok Krizaj and Jon Meyer 6-3, at the No. 3 position, while Dan Little and Joe Woolley defeated David Samardija and Tomislav Antoljak with a final score of 7-5 at the No. 1 spot.
In singles action, Weverink, Sierra, Little, Woolley, and Shainyan all won in straight sets agsinst the Cornhuskers. After dropping the first set 6-3, David Micevski fought hard to win the second set 6-4, evening the score heading to a tiebreak. Micevski was able to earn the victory, 10-5, concluding play.
The Utes are back in action on Sunday against New Mexico at 1:30 p.m., and will finish off the day against the University of Montana at 6 p.m.
1. David Micevski (UTAH) def. Dylan Bednarczyk (NEB) 3-6, 6-4, 10-5
2. Dan Little (UTAH) def. Tomislav Antoljak (NEB) 6-1, 6-4
3. Santiago Sierra (UTAH) def. David Samardzija (NEB) 6-0, 6-1
4. Joe Woolley (UTAH) def. Chris Dean (NEB) 6-3, 6-1
5. Slava Shainyan (UTAH) def. Rok Krizaj (NEB) 6-2, 6-4
6. Egbert Weverink (UTAH) def. Jon Meyer (NEB) 6-1, 6-2
1. Joe Woolley/Dan Little (UTAH) def. David Samardzija/Tomislav Antoljak (NEB) 7-5
2. Chris Dean/Dylan Bednarczyk (NEB) vs. Egbert Weverink/David Micevski (UTAH) 5-4, unfinished
3. Slava Shainyan/Santiago Sierra (UTAH) def. Rok Krizaj/Jon Meyer (NEB) 6-3
Order of finish: Doubles (3,1); Singles (6,3,2,4,5,1)