Los Angeles, Ca. – The University of Utah men’s tennis team (10-1o, 0-4 Pac-12) was dispatched by the 15th ranked UCLA Bruins on Saturday, 7-0. The match was televised live on the Pac-12 Networks and played at the Los Angeles Tennis Center.
The Bruins secured the doubles point following victories at the #1 and #3 positions. UCLA’s singles players in the top three positions, all nationally ranked, won straight set matches to seal the overall victory. No. 4 Mackenzie McDonald clinched the dual match with a 6-3, 6-1 victory over senior Cedric Willems.
Utah looks to rebound this weekend with its first home Pac-12 matches of the season. The Utes host Washington on Friday, April 10 at 4 p.m. MT and Oregon on Sunday, April 12 at 12 p.m. MT.
No. 15 UCLA 7, Utah 0
1. #7 McDonald/Redlicki (UCLA) def. Cowley/Willems (UU) 6-4
2. McGuiness/Swiggart (UCLA) vs. Di Guilio/Sell (UCLA) 5-4, Unfinished
3. Mkrtchian/Rapp (UCLA) def. Jonhagen/Sierra (UU) 6-3
1. #4 Mackenzie McDonald (UCLA) def.Cedric Willems (UU) 6-3, 6-1
2. #121 Marin Redlicki (UCLA) def. Parker McGuiness (UU) 6-2, 6-1
3. #26 Dennis Mkrtchian (UCLA) def. Freddie McGeehan (UU) 6-3, 6-2
4. Karue Sell (UCLA) def. Matt Cowley (UU) 6-2, 6-4
5. Joseph Di Giulio (UCLA) def. Johan Jonhagen (UU) 6-4, 6-2
6. Austin Rapp (UCLA) def. Jamey Swiggart (UU) 6-4, 6-2