SALT LAKE CITY – The University of Utah men’s tennis team (9-4) is slated to participate in the Boise State Spring Break Classic in Boise, Idaho, Friday and Saturday. The Utes will play two matches on Friday, followed by a final match on Saturday.
Utah will face No. 73 UAB in the first round of the eight-team tournament. In the second match on Friday, the Utes will face the winner/loser of the Nevada vs Idaho match up. Other teams participating include host No. 38 Boise State, Ball State, No. 65 Southern Mississippi and Marquette.
- Freshman Slim Hamza currently holds a near-perfect singles record of 12-1 in dual matches from the Nos. 2 and 3 positions, and is on an eight-match winning streak.
- In dual matches, sophomore Alejandro Medinilla is undefeated with a 6-0 singles record from the Nos. 5 and 6 spots.
- Junior Dmytro Mamedov is 10-3 overall in singles dual matches, while holding a perfect 3-0 record from the No. 1 position.
- Overall, the Utes have compiled a 57-21 dual-match record in singles play, a 73.1% winning percentage.
- Utah has tallied a 92.3 winning percentage from the Nos. 3 and 6 slots (12-1).
- Hamza and sophomore Devin Lane currently hold a 10-1 doubles dual-match record, and are on a three-match winning streak.
- Utah is 11-2 from the No. 3 doubles slot, an 84.6 winning percentage.